Women in Film and Television (UK) Limited
Company Number: 2488927
Data Protection Act Policy Registration Number: PZ6343125
Privacy and Cookies Policy
- Compliance: The Site is owned and operated by Women in Film And Television (UK) Limited (“we” or “WFTV”) (a company registered in England and Wales under data protection number PZ6343125, comply with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998.
To access current Data Protection legislation materials click here. http://www.dataprotection.gov.uk/dpr/dpdoc.nsf
For a copy of our registration / notification under the Act, click here http://www.dpr.gov.uk/search.html and search for “Women in Film and Television”.
- Data Collection: We collect personal information from our users either during the registration process when becoming a Member, or by your direct submission of personal data to the Website, or from browsing behaviour, where cookies may be used, please see section 6 for more details.
- Data Protection: We respect the privacy of our users and, except as stated below, we will not sell or make available in any way personal information except in exceptional circumstances where required by legal or other regulatory authority to disclose the information or when you the user require us to make available your personal information to you.
- Purposes: Personal data submitted by you through the Site will be used for the following purposes only:
- to assist us in setting up and managing your website account and maintaining membership details;
- to inform you about any services or products which WFTV may choose to offer its members from time to time;
- in order to make available to you promotional or other relevant information, products or services from WFTV., its affiliates and their marketing partners.
- To include your name and occupation in the Member Directory.
- Data Security: We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your data against unauthorised access by third parties but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. By using the Site you accept the Internet is not entirely secure and you acknowledge and agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be held responsible for any loss, unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data.
- Cookies: The Site is set up to use “cookie” information collection technology - information that is automatically collected on the user’s browser through the Site - and the Site uses the following cookies;
Drupal System Cookies
Session cookies are used when an authorised user (in other words, a registered member) logs in. An initial SESS cookie is set when you browse anonymously on the website which looks to see if you are logged.
Analytic cookies are used to record IP addresses, URLs visited, and related information - and is recorded for all site visitors for the purpose of site traffic analytics and to enable us to check and rectify any website errors. These logs last for 21 days and are then overwritten. Data in these logs is only accessible to our staff or organisations working on the Site.
Authorised members cannot log in without using these cookies so cookies are automatically turned on when you log in to the website.
Payments are processed by Paypal. Please see the paypal website for their own privacy and cookie information.
Google Analytics Cookies
We use Google Analytics to collect statistical information regarding who is using the website and how they move around the site once they are here.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously and, gives customers reports and data on web trends without identifying individual visitors. Analytics uses its own set of cookies to track visitor interactions. These cookies are used to store information, such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
Google Analytics sets cookies called _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmv, _utmd and _utmz
The _utma cookie stores each user’s number of visits, time of the first visit, the previous visit and the current visit, This cookie expires two years after your last visit to this site.
The _utmb and _utmc cookies check how long a visitor stays on the site: when a visit starts and ends. _utma expires 30 minutes after your visit, or after 30 minutes of inactivity and _utmc expires at the end of a session (when you close your browser).
The _utmz cookie tracks where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link) and expires six months after it was last set.
The _utmv and _utmd cookies track visitor journeys through the site and classifies them into groups. These cookies expire immediately.
These cookies are collected on all pages of the Site.
- Links: Our site may link to other websites and we are not responsible for any content displayed on any third party site.
- Sharing Personal Information
Applicants for membership are required to complete an Application Form, either in hard copy, over the phone via a member of WFTV staff, or on the Site. When this form is submitted by the applicant, only the forename, surname and occupation will be made available in the Member Directory. All other information (including e-mail address and phone number) will remain private. Should you choose to do so, you may opt to make further information available for other WFTV members to view within the Member Profile section. You may also opt out of having your name and occupation in the Member Directory by logging in to your member profile and amending your account settings.
- Recording of Financial Details: WFTV will not store customers’ card details. These details will be used for the sole purpose of completing a purchase/booking/subscription, and will not be stored either electronically or physically within the organisation.
Members opting to pay by direct debit will have their direct debit agreement form stored securely at the WFTV office.
- END -