Women in Film and Television (UK) Limited
Company Number: 2488927
- Agreement: By accessing the site www.wftv.org.uk (the “Site”), you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree, please stop using this Site.
- Ownership: The copyright, database rights, and other intellectual property rights (“IPR”) in material displayed on or via this Site (“Website Materials” - which expression includes text, graphics, and audio and visual content) is owned by or licensed to Women in Film and Television (UK) Limited (“we”, “our” and “us”), or the owners of third party web sites. This IPR is protected by the laws of England, international treaties and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property laws, by using the Site you agree to respect our IPR and those of third parties.
- Website Materials:
- Some website materials, including the Application Form, are freely accessible to the public (“the Public Materials”). Other Website Materials are reserved to those individuals who have been admitted as a Member (“the Restricted Materials”’) of Women in Film and Television (UK) Limited. The Public Materials and the Restricted Materials are taken together the Website Materials.
- You agree not to access the Restricted Materials without having been admitted as a Member and without having paid the subscription fee, where relevant.
- These Terms relate to the Website Materials as a whole.
- You are authorised to download any number of copies of the Public Materials for your own personal, non-commercial use, and may make such copies available to third parties provided that (i) you acknowledge the source; (ii) you do not remove or amend any trademark, copyright or other ownership notice; (iii) each recipient agrees to these terms and conditions.
- The following activities are prohibited without our express prior written permission: (i) The deployment within our Website of any spider, robot, web crawler or other automated query program; (ii) The re-use and/or aggregation of a substantial or significant part of the Website Materials in the provision of a commercial service.
- To the extent that portions of this Website (such as "members’ messages" or "bulletin boards") provide users an opportunity to post and exchange information, ideas and opinions ("Postings"), please note that we do not screen, edit, or review postings prior to their appearance on this Website, and Postings do not necessarily reflect our views. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, we exclude all responsibility and liability for the Postings or for any losses or expenses resulting from their use and/or appearance on this Website.
- You hereby represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights in and to all Postings you provide and all material they contain and that such Postings shall not infringe any ownership or other rights of third parties, shall not contain any viruses or other contaminating or destructive devices or features. Material contained in Postings shall not be defamatory, indecent, offensive, tortuous, or otherwise unlawful. Postings shall not be used to carry out or solicit any unlawful activity.
- All information (including but not limited to Postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts and graphics) submitted to us through this Site will belong to you but by making any Postings or providing any information on the Site you grant to us a perpetual, royalty free, non-exclusive licence to use any such material submitted for any purpose [connected to our business].
- Warranty Exclusion: the Public Materials are provided free of charge on an “AS Is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all warranties, representation or understandings whatsoever, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from computer viruses, and non-infringement of third parties’ rights. We reserve the right at any time to change, amend or otherwise vary these terms and conditions and the Website Materials.
- Exclusion of Liability: We shall not be liable for loss arising out of use of the Public Materials whether; (i) Direct of indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage or (ii) any loss of profits, revenue, contracts, data, goodwill, work stoppage or computer failure. This exclusion of liability shall apply even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. We exclude any liability for any errors in or omissions from information, materials and function included in the Public Materials. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law we disclaim any liability for negligence, apart from damages for death, personal injury, or fraudulent misrepresentation. Your rights as a consumer (if any) are not affected by these provisions.
- By using hypertext or other computer links you will be able to access other website pages on the Internet which are not part of our Website pages. We cannot vet, modify or edit nor do we assume any liability for the contents of other websites or home pages that are linked to our Site.
- We shall have no liability in respect of material hyper-linked to our Website which may be misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, threatening or obscene or otherwise not in accordance with applicable regulations.
- The provision by us of a link to another website does not constitute any authorisation to access materials held at that location, nor is it evidence of any endorsement by us of the material held there.
- Trademarks: The display of any trade names or trademarks within the Website Materials does not imply that any licence has been granted to any third party in respect of the same. All other product or company names, devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs referred in the Website Materials are the trade marks of the respective owners and are exhibited only in such a manner as is intended to be for the benefit of such trademark owners. We intend no infringement of such trademarks. The appearance or absence of products, services, companies, organisations, home pages or other websites on this website does not imply any endorsement or non-endorsement thereof by us.
- Data Protection Consent
- Information on what (if any) data is held about you can be obtained by contacting us as follows:
Women & Film And Television (UK) Limited
12-13 Greek Street
- In accordance with applicable UK data protection legislation we reserve the right to charge a fee for providing such information.
- Miscellaneous: If you have any questions concerning these Website Terms please write to us via [email protected] or the above postal address. All rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are expressly reserved.
- Indemnity: You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses and expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising (including but not limited to any legal or other professional fees and the cost of defending or prosecuting any claim and any loss of profit, goodwill and any other direct or consequential loss) incurred or suffered by us directly or indirectly by reason of any act or omission which you commit in breach of these terms and conditions and the obligations and warranties contained in them.
- Governing Law & Disputes: You irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any dispute or claim of whatever nature arising out of or relating to this Website, and that the laws of England shall govern such dispute or claim. However, we retain the right to bring legal proceedings in any jurisdiction where we believe that infringement of our IPR or breach of these Website Terms is taking place or originating. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing this Website. We operate this Website from England and make no representation that the information contained herein is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside England.