WFTV Writers' Group: Table Read Club
Time & Location
About the Event
Are you on one of the final drafts of your screenplay? Are you looking for feedback from peers and opportunities to develop it further? Apply to take part in WFTV’s Table Read Club for the opportunity to have your screenplay read out loud.
Back by popular demand, we’ll be running a Table Read Club for a new cohort of writers and actors every Tuesday morning.
A table read is an important part of the writing process which can highlight strengths and weaknesses in your work, flag plot holes and be a chance to bring your script to life. Meeting online every Tuesday over six weeks, the group will take it in turns to read excerpts from a members’ screenplay. Members can share their script in whichever way they feel suitable, whether that’s in advance of the meeting or during the session.
This is an opportunity to share your work in a safe and collaborative space, get feedback from your peers and help you sharpen your screenwriting skills.
We’re also looking for actors to deliver the readings. So, if you’re an actor looking for an opportunity to flex your muscles and read fresh, new work to an audience - join us!
Writers joining the group may also be asked to participate in reading extra parts.
Table Read Club is only open to writers and actors who have not previously taken part in a session. By registering your interest for this event, you commit to take part in each session every Tuesday morning from 10am-11:30am.
Actor members, please register below.
Writer members, please read carefully the below instructions on how to apply before registering.
Writers – How to apply:
- Writers applying to take part in this opportunity must be on the final draft of their script.
- Scripts read during the table reads can be up to 25-pages long.
- Members can only submit their own work to be read in sessions. If your script is co-written, it is your responsibility to seek permission from your co-writer for the script to be shared.
- Please register your interest below to apply to take part in the Table Read Club. Once you have registered, to complete your application please email a 10-page extract of your script to email@example.com including your name and copyright, and how many actors you will require to read your script. Submissions must be received by 17:00 on Wednesday 26 May.
- Members will be notified by Friday 28 May on places. Due to popular demand, unfortunately not all applicants will receive a place.
- By registering your interest for this event, you commit to take part in each session every Tuesday morning from 10am-11:30am.
How will the online event work?
This event will be hosted via Zoom.us.
This is an interactive session and will be taking place as a Zoom meeting. Attendees must access the event using a device with audio and video functions to participate.
This event is for existing WFTV members only.
Members please log-in to your account and sign up below this listing.
At WFTV we’re really keen to ensure that all our events are accessible for everyone. So if you have any particular access needs, please can you let us know before an event and we will do our best to accommodate you. We would be grateful if you can give us as much notice as possible – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org